Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data Strata collects from you, through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use that data.
Strata offers a wide range of products – focusing mainly on industrial floor safety needs, although references to Strata products in this statement include Strata`s services in general.
Personal Data That We Collect
Strata collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you make a purchase or register for a Strata event. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies.
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
• Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
• Social networks when you grant permission to a Strata product to access your data on one or more networks.
• Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customise certain products to your location and
• Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a product, you may not take full advantage of what we can offer.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Strata, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features you use. The data we collect can include the following:
Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, website, phone number and other similar contact data.
Payment data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
Content. We collect content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you the correct. We may collect to provide communication services to you include the:
• subject line and body of an email,
• text or other content of an instant message,
• audio and video recording of a video message, and
• audio recording and transcript of a voice message you receive or a text message you dictate.
We also collect information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
How We Use Personal Data
Strata uses the data we collect for three basic purposes, described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalising) the products we offer, (2) to send communications, including promotional communications, and (3) to show advertising, or in products offered by third parties.
Providing and improving our products.
We use data to provide and improve the products we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes the following:
• Providing the Products. We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to provide our products to you.
• Customer support. We use your data to provide customer care and support services.
• Product Improvement. We use data to continually improve our products.
• Business Operations. We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalise our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by phone or email or other means to inform you when an order is to be delivered, discuss your ongoing needs, let you know when offers are available, update you or enquire about a product offering, invite you to participate in a survey, or tell you that you need to take action to keep your account active. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions but also choose whether you wish not to receive emailed promotional communications from Strata.
Reasons We Share Personal Data
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorised. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so, such as a courier firm to deliver the ordered goods. When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer and preserve personal data, including your content, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
1. comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
2. protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
3. protect the rights or property of Strata, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property belonging to Strata, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
Please note that some of our products include links to products of third parties whose privacy practices differ from Strata’s. If you provide personal data to any of those products, your data is governed by their privacy statements.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You can request to view, edit or delete your personal data. You can also make choices about Strata’s collection and use of your data.
You can always choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, SMS messages, telephone calls and postal mail from Strata. You can also opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from Strata by contacting our Privacy Compliance Officer.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
• Storing your Preferences and Settings. Settings that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device. We may also save preferences, such as language and browser settings to save you needing to re-adjust these each time.
• Storing Information You Provide to a Website. When you provide information, we may store the data in a cookie to remember the products and information you have added.
• Social Media. Our website may include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
In addition to the cookies Strata may set when you visit our website, third parties may also set cookies when you visit the Strata website. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content or ads from third parties, such as videos, news content or ads delivered by other ad networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
How to Control Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. You can block or delete cookies by clicking Settings > Privacy > Cookies in most browsers. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in your browser type or version is available in each browser’s privacy or help documentation.
Certain features of Strata products may depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
Other Important Privacy Information
Below, you will find additional privacy information that you may find important.
European Privacy Rights
Strata adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable includes the following rights:
• If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
• You have a right to request from us, a “data controller” as defined in the law, access to and rectification of your personal data;
• You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
• You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
As applicable under French law, you can also send us specific instructions regarding the use of your personal data after your death.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests of Strata.
Security of Personal Data
Strata is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities.
Where We Store and Process Personal Data
Typically, the primary storage location is the United Kingdom. The storage location(s) are chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
Our Retention of Personal Data
Strata retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
• How long is the personal data needed to provide the products and operate our business? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of those products, keeping our systems secure and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
• Do customers provide, create or maintain the data with the expectation we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it? In such cases, we maintain the data until you request it to be deleted.
• Is there an automated control that enables the customer to access and delete the personal data at any time? If there is not, a shortened data retention time will generally be adopted.
• Is the personal data of a sensitive type? If so, a shortened retention time would generally be appropriate.
• Has Strata adopted and announced a specific retention period for a certain data type?
• Has the user provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
• Is Strata subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products. If there are material changes to the statement or in how Strata will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how Strata is protecting your information.
How to Contact Us
If you have a question, please visit www.stratasales.com/contact or phone 01926 338 547.
Unless otherwise stated, Strata is a data controller for personal data we collect through the products subject to this statement. Our address is –